Your smartphone, laptop and the like help you to contact your friends.
What impact do consumption and rapid wear-out of these devices have on life in the Global South?
In our quest for answers in Central African countries we encounter people who are driven away from their home as a result of conflicts for resources and who are deprived by environmental poisoning of air for breathing.
Are there any alternatives, such as for example repairing devices, if we do not wish to do without modern means of communication? Based on the example of the production chain of mobile phones, the schoolchildren find out for themselves about economics and development. They portray globalization processes as opportunities and risks, and conceive sustainable approaches to economic goals. They get to know political systems and structures of developing countries and industrialized countries and analyse their strained relationships. Furthermore, they reflect on their own moral values and those of others and on different world views, and comprehend different ways of seeing things by change of perspective.
The schoolchildren can perceive sustainable problem-solving approaches on different social levels as well as the different weighting of human rights, and evaluate interventions into nature and the environment in terms of their ecological and social compatibility. They can contribute own ideas on the shaping of the framework conditions for sustainable development in order to ultimately take their role as consumers seriously.
Event costs: Own contribution of 25 € to 35 €.
Subject areas (in detail)
- Modern foreign languages / French, 3rd to 6th grade:
- 1.1 Language teaching
- 1.2 Dealing open-mindedly with cultural differences
- 1.3 Coping with intercultural encounter situations
- Natural sciences, 5th/6th grade:
- Handling substances in everyday life, plant – animal – living environments
- German, 1st to 6th grade:
- 3.1 The individual and his/her living environment
- 3.2 Society and public life
- 3.3 Culture and historic background
- 3.4 Nature and the environment